Darkwood releases on all consoles this week! Check out our launch trailer produced in-house by the same people that made Darkwood look and sound as you love it!
Category Archives for: Uncategorized
Show us your Darkwood fan art and win awesome stuff!
We have prepared 20 Darkwood Steam keys for those of you who are interested in getting the game and 3 special, physical packages with awesome goodies!
The packages include: a hand made, boxed edition of Darkwood with a DVD copy and a CD soundtrack, an art book, strategy guide, poster and a t-shirt. Here’s a peek:
Entries will be judged by Acid Wizard Studio and chosen based on quality, relevance and originality.
Here’s the link to Darkwood’s store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/Darkwood/
- Create a amazing fan art based on the world of Darkwood. Get inspired! Play the game or watch videos of it if you don’t have it and let your imagination free.
- The art must be in image form.
- Post it on twitter with the hashtag #darkwoodfanart, OR on Deviantart and send us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission MUST be posted on one of these sites!
- Entry period closes September 9 2017, 11:59 PDT.
- Winners will be announced on or about September 23, 2017.
By entering the contest, you agree for your art to be used in our promotional materials, or being shared through social media. To enter the contest, you must be of minimum age required by your country or state to partake in promotional contests. Owning a copy of Darkwood is not required to enter the contest.
The Acid Wizards
After more than 4 years of development, Darkwood is finally complete. Thank you for being with us.
Early Access has helped this project tremendously, and even though we have stayed in development for way longer than we anticipated, thanks to your feedback Darkwood has grown in scope and complexity in ways we have never imagined possible.
We put our heart and soul into this project. We hope you like it.
Here’s the relase trailer, showing a glimpse of what you may expect in the game:
Once again, thank you for your amazing support and patience,
The Acid Wizards
Hear ye, hear ye!
The time has come for us to unleash the beta unto you! This update features a huge amount of little changes and bugfixes.
The Epilogue is finally finished! It took us a long time, but we can say it’s really badass. Too bad you will have to wait for the final release to play it, as it won’t be available during beta! 😀
What comes next? During the beta phase, we will focus on polishing the existing content, bug fixes, balancing and filling in new content where needed. The main storyline is pretty much done, and won’t be changed much.
We don’t expect to sit long in beta, so if you haven’t played Darkwood yet, we urge you to wait a bit more until the final release!
I won’t be posting a changelog this time, as it would take way too much time, and most of the changes are pretty small. The most notable changes are:
– We’re dropping 32-bit Linux support. I’m not sure if there is anyone out there affected by this change, as the Steam hardware survey does not even mention any 32-bit users out there. I’d like to support as much hardware as possible, unfortunately fighting memory issues on OSX and Linux has been a nightmare before each new version and has taken a considerable chunk of development time, which could have been used on adding cool new features instead. OSX and Linux builds will now be 64-bit, which will make for a more stable and better performing experience.
– The journal has been cleaned up, and we’ve removed some of the unused tabs. We originally planned for the protagonist to keep track of the notable enemies, locations etc. he encounters, but we’ve decided that it would be best if these things would be interpreted by the player only.
The Acid Wizard